I’m feeling kind of proud of myself this morning. While working on Jenny’s sock, I discovered that I’d made a mistake in the last round I’d knitted. I had gained an accidental Yarn Over and also knitted what should have been purled! The thought of tinking back over two and a half needles was really unappealing… I wasn’t in the mood to go hunting around for guidance on fixing the problem, either, and I was briefly tempted to ignore the error. However, I decided that there must be a way to fix it, if I thought about it carefully enough. In a fit of daring, I decided to try to sort out the error!
First of all, I slipped the stitch onto a crochet hook. I then used a cable needle to lift the loop of the stitch below (that wrapped round the legs of the knit stitch). Drawing the stitch through the loop, I had the two parts separated. I then managed to convert the knit stitch into a purl stitch and replace it back on the DPN I’d removed it from. I felt a great deal of satisfaction in working out what had to be done for myself, without guidance