This Easter weekend has seen me behaving like a grasshopper, in knitting terms. Sunday saw some growth of the sweater, until my fingers started to hurt constantly, using 3mm metal needles. If only I could get a pair of bamboo needles in that size! As a gap filler, when resting from the sweater, I continued work on the sock too, and it’s going well – I’ve even turned the heel. I also started on making another of the rabbit wash cloths for our youngest granddaughter, which I finished this morning, and another yarn blossom.
Eight inches of rib for the sock seemed to take forever and I expected the same for the rest of the sock, but turning the heel didn’t take long at all, even though I did have to tink (undo stitch by stitch) several rounds because I got confused on the decreases after nodding off… I do have some decreases to go, but I’m feeling much more confident now. So, the sock is now at this stage:
The yarn blossom, which I named Spring Camelia, was knitted with a variegated yarn that I found in our stash. It’s 4-ply and we only had a very small bit left, but I do think that it works well for these blossoms:
The wash cloth was knitted using a cotton blend yarn that Jenny found in the stash. Unfortunately, there was no ball band with it, but it’s 4-ply for sure! It has a subtle sheen and knits up beautifully, with a softer feel than many cotton yarns. The photo doesn’t do the cloth justice, being rather blurred and nothing like the correct colour. The yarn is actually a dusky pink!