I finished the back of the sweater on Thursday. Now I’m back to using 3mm metal needles to start the front! Murder on my hands but I’ve only got one, old bamboo 3mm needle. I’m pleased with the look of the back.
Sorry about the poor quality of the photo.
I’ll be glad to get back onto my 3.75mm bamboo needles on the front part! I’ll also be glad to get the bulk of the black out of the way again, but that’s some days away yet. I’m still working on other projects to break up knitting in black, and to ease both my eyes and my hands. The sock is the primary thing but I’ve also started work on making a bag to my own design.
I’m making the bag in Aran (Stylecraft), in a lovely denim colour. It will feature two cable panels, one on each face, and four two-colour “knot” panels, two on each face. I’ve written up the basic pattern instructions and am amending it when necessary as I progress. I’m knitting it in the round, on a 6mm x 40cm circular needle, to minimise sewing and in hopes that it will make the bag stronger. I was originally planning on using ready made handles but having seen the prices, I’ve decided to knit the handles too, making them double thickness and also knitted as part of the main body, rather than making them separately. There’s nothing to see yet, really, so I’m not including a photo at this stage. I’ve yet to select the two colours for the knot panels so I won’t be getting very far just yet, as I’ll have to find the yarn and buy it.
As a substitute “distraction project”, I’ve located some cotton yarn in our stash and I’m planning on making another cloth with that. It’s quite soft and if it knits up that way, it will become a face cloth for one of our granddaughters Of course, if that comes to be, then I’m going to have to do another for our other granddaughter