Following the revelation that our eldest son, Damien, and his partner, Jen, are expecting a baby (around August/September), and knowing both how slow I am at knitting and the risks of a complete failure, I decided that I needed as much time as possible to make a contribution. So, well in advance of the due time, I started making a knitted Teddy Bear. Using a pattern that’s free on Ravelry, I’ve almost finished making the pieces. Making up will take a while as I don’t have any filling though.
I’ve made a few changes, to suit my own style, and found that I really needed to write out some instructions where the pattern doesn’t, mainly because the rows involved variables to achieve the correct shaping effects. It would have been far too easy for me to make mistakes without having explicit instructions written down in advance.