Completed a Wee Mouse from a Raynor Gellatly pattern. I made mine in white, with dark pink eyes and a pale pink tail. When it was done, it was obvious that it needed a tutu!
It was a challenge as I didn’t have a pattern for the tutu. I had an idea of how to make one though. At first, after casting off the tutu, it looked far too big, but I think it actually came out OK in the end. I like the fact that it flares and has folds in it.
Fortunately, I wrote down everything I did so I can repeat it if I ever have too! I guess that shows I must be learning something about knitting.
Of course, she’s a lookalike for Angelina Ballerina, but that really wasn’t my intention when I started working on her! In fact, I chose to do the mouse in white in memory of two white mice I had as a child.
Perhaps in the future I’ll also make one that memorialises the two dark mice I had back then. It could be the start of a longish range of toys, as I had many pets!
If anybody wants the tutu pattern, just contact me and I’ll send it.